Monday, February 14, 2011

Ticos Meet Spaniards + Valentines!!!

Late in January, We had a great visit from out friends from Costa Rica!!  My good friend Hector and our new friend Laura came all the way from San Jose just to see us... more or less.  They were hanging out in Germany on vacation and decided to make a trip to the motherland of Spain and stop through Sevilla!  It was finally time that Hector came to visit us after I had made 3 trips to Costa Rica just to see him... more or less...

Hector and I go back a few years when Emma and I went to CR with Campus Crusade.  The 2 years following that, my friend Thomas and I, went back for a few more visits!  Ever since, we've stayed in touch and came to be great friends!  Emma and I were super pumped to have our first visitors!


Here are a few photos from the last 3 years/3 trips to see the "Rich Coast"
2008 with CCC

2009! Bocas del Toro for Semana Santa! and with Tomas Tomas!
2010! hittin up the skatin rink!



 


Lots of churros and coffee was had!  I could have pooped churros we ate so many!
Picking the "bitter" oranges from the tree to make some drinks!
Making gallo pinto.


a;sdiogukldfbmn,vqpairwodfksghvnai;oklrfs

 


Here we played a game to see who could get the most people to look at them.  If someone looked at  you directly, you turn the other way and the person with the most "vueltas" wins. 


I won... of course!
Eating at Coloniales!  We love these guys!!

Hopefully one day, Hector will be able to come visit us in the states! We definitely plan on making more trips back to awesome Costa Rica!!! Vos queremos amigos!


In other news, today is Valentine's Day and Emma and I are headed to Barcelona next weekend to celebrate our 6 month anniversary/Valentine's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  To help us celebrate Valentine's Day (and to send us our battery charger we left in the states) my parents sent us another awesome care package!!!!!


Our first Valentine's as a married couple!!!!!!!


Palmera.  A typical spanish pastry. 

My heart should be made of chocolate because I eat it so much.
professional photos done by Hallmark.....

Our current computer background! made by emmiegirl!
 

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment