Saturday, January 22, 2011

Over The Break! Que Monton de Cosas!! Part 1

Christmas break was awesome!!!  

We were home basically the whole month of December doing a gazillion different things in 3 different states.  We spent some awesome times in Tennesse, Texas, and Alabama.  We went to one graduation, 2 weddings, 3 different Christmas parties, ate lots of Mexican food and Chick-fil-a, and a partridge in a pear tree.  Unfortunately... we left our camera on a plane halfway through the break..... and thus, lost half of our photos from the first leg of our trip home...

We got back to the states on December 2nd and were greeted by my awesome mommy and sister rachel!!!  The first thing we did after the million hours of traveling was go to Chick-fil-a and eat tons of chicken and a real milkshake.  The next night we went and ate Mexican food at Rosie's in Madison.  We already marked off my 2 favorite foods upon arriving in the states.

After just a day of hanging out and resting, we drove to Memphis, TN on the 4th for one of Emma's BFF's wedding.  Ashley Dixon (now Boshell) and Andrew Boshell had an awesome wedding.  It was an incredible blessing to be there and hang out with friends we normally don't get to hang out with.  I wish I could go to a wedding like that everyday!!  We passed the Sunday afternoon away with a few dance-offs, had an awesome southern breakfast at the reception, and drove back to Decatur that afternoon!
Congrats to the newly betrothed couple, the Boshells!!!
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
lovers in love! and I don't mean the bride and groom...

These next 2 pics are from the wedding and the rehearsal dinner the day before.  I always take serious pics, it's just that my face is permanently stuck like that.  And my contacts make my eyes look crossed sometimes.


The next leg of the trip we lack a few awesome photos because our camera went on a trip without us.  Our camera is probably still flying economy class on American Airlines taking up all of our air miles.
We flew out to Dallas on the 6th and were there for about a week!  Going to Dallas normally means, family, friends, and eating so much Mexican food i accidentally grow a sweet Mexy-moostache and birth a tex-mex food baby. 
We stayed there.
Our time in Dallas was awesome!!  Monday we spent most of our time just hanging out catching up with Emma's dad retelling all of our Spanish adventures and what might be in store for next semester! Then later that night we hopped on over to Emma's mom's place and braved the bitter cold to eat at Pappadeaux's where I indulged in a mountain of fried delicious seafood!!  We went back to her mom's and Emma played with Kiki and just caught up on life in general!  It was great to see her mom and I'm glad she joined us despite battling a small cold. 

Tuesday we set apart to hang out with my new brother Matty Nutty!! and of course the Diffendaffers!!
We hit up breakfast with matt, talked about his upcoming nuptials with my sis, went to his new apartment, sat on his couch with no cover, rode bikes, ate all his mom's cookies, installed a washer/dryer (or watched other people put it in), and decorated his new Christmas tree!!!! That night we drove out to Flower Mound, TX to see one of the most awesome couples I know.  Emma and Lindsey bonded together having girl chat time and Derek and I bonded over 007 Goldeneye, guitar, and me asking lots of weird medical questions testing to see if he'll be a good doctor.  He passed the tests.  We also hit up Rosa's for some more incredible Mexican food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i hate mexican food.  jejejeje.  Emma and I loved every minute with them and always hope to live closer to them one day instead of on the other side of the world. 
This is definitely not a pic from our time in Dallas, but it is definitely a pic of Matt, Emmie, and myself!
They are awesome!



Lindsey also has a blog! Diffendwelling You should checket out!! Especially if your into design and crafts as much as I am!! jejejeje!
Emmie's bestie in the world!
Wednesday during the day was spent mostly hanging out with Emma's dad.  We went to the Angelika movie theater which is an awesome indie movie theater!  We were going to see 127 hours but little did we know that I would be living the same experience that James Franco (Aron Rolston) was in the movie.  I was simply helping Emma out of the car, when all of a sudden, to my surprise, somehow my entire thumb ended up inside the car while I was outside the car...... Emma accidently slammed my thumb in the door completely and it was in there for what seemed like forever...  all I could think of was my friend who lost part of a finger when a bathroom door closed on it when we were in middle school...
I opened the door for myself because Emma was traumatized and it was already bleeding when I pulled it out of the car.  I thought I was fine and I hate the way my body reacted when I blacked out for about 3 or 4 seconds ..... Emma and her dad caught me and I woke up hahaha.....  I seemed like a little girl compared to the guy that had to cut his arm off with a pocket knife in the movie!!!! oh well.
Emma may have got my thumb, but I got her tooth and gave her a uni-brow.
After the movie, we went to the most incredible grocery store I've ever been to.  Central Market in Dallas is incredible and I would live there if it wasn't illegal to do so and Emma didn't mind living in a grocery store.  That night we celebrated Christmas with Emma's whole family.  I also got to meet her sister's husband Mike! It marked our first Christmas dinner as a new family!!!  I definitely look forward to more to come!!!!

Thursday night we all went to the Dallas Symphony Orchestra and just chilled out before we had to leave in the morning back to good ol Alabama!!!!!!  Our time in Dallas was very well spent and we loved being around friends and family that we had missed while being in Spain.  I love having even more family members!


Once again, we were back in Alabama!  We drove to Tuscaloosa for my sister's graduation which was Saturday the 11th.  On Friday night though we drove down early so we could stay with some of our most breastest friends in the world, the Hesters!!  My bro joined us to as we all cooked, had play time, and hung out with their new dog Sawyer!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them and we will all live together one day with our other best frands!
Nothing says breast friends like this.
Saturday was only the beginning of some awesome events coming up for my sister and our whole family!!!!  She graduated from the University of Alabama, Summa Cum Laude, #1 in the class of 2010... or atleast #1 in our hearts!!!!!
So proud of sister say!! We love you!!!!
After the graduation we went and ate....you guessed it... more Mexican food at Iguana Grill!!  We were a bunch of Teagues and Nutts gathered around the table celebrating my sister's achievements!  It felt so good to be back in the states surrounded by my family again!  We missed them.
Yay for Say!
My favorite girl and my favorite food.
Edgar's! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And thus ends Part 1 of this post!!!!!  The next post begins with the week before Sarah and Matt get married all the way up to leaving again for Spain!  Hasta Luego!!!!!




3 comments:

  1. Dear Wesley (& Emcat), I read your blog aloud to Derek and we both had quite a laugh. As always, we LOVED spending time with you two even though it's never enough. ...And thanks for the blog shout out.

    We loooove the idea of living in the same town. Probably the same neighborhood and the same street as well... and an underground tunnel connecting our houses. That would be perfect.

    Can't wait for you all to come back to Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´m not sure but I THINK those are andrew´s shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I forgot... I LOVE emma´s hair!

    ReplyDelete