Monday, November 22, 2010

Wet ropa

Emma posted on our photography blog about how relaxing laundry can be here.  We both actually enjoy hanging our clothes out to dry on the roof, especially on a nice fall day.  A dryer though, is a very nice commodity that we take for granted sometimes.....  especially on days when it rains.

You can't just say, "oh I'll throw them in the dryer with a dryer sheet and they'll be fine."
Here it's more like, " oh crap, is it going to rain today? Oh it's already raining.  I'll guess we'll just leave the clothes up there a few more days.."

There have also been occasions where one might leave the laundry on the roof and completely forget about it... for weeks and weeks and weeks...  Or you have the occasional close-pin/clothes thief which our neighbors have encountered.  I haven't seen anyone wearing my clothes yet, but there are still several months to go.

This is our apartment on rainy, laundry days.
I use my hammock straps as clothes lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment